IEN's Student Corporate Engagement Challenge puts a new spin on the traditional approach to investment competitions by focusing on the responsibility of investors to directly engage company management on the risks and opportunities they see.
The Challenge invites students to not only produce an investment recommendation in a publicly-traded company, but also to include in their recommendation a shareholder engagement strategy for improving the company’s business performance and impact on society.
Select a year below to read about the participants, winning teams, and deliverables from that year's Challenge.
MEET THE WINNERS
Three undergraduate and three graduate teams have progressed to the Corporate Engagement Challenge Finals!
2023 PARTICIPATING TEAMS
We're pleased to announce that 10 students teams from universities across the U.S.have entered the Intentional Endowments Network‘s (IEN) Student Corporate Engagement Challenge. Teams of three to five undergraduate and graduate students will showcase their skills in sustainable investing and shareholder advocacy throughout the Challenge. Read more about the teams here.
- Week of January 9th: Participating teams announced.
- February 17th: Investment recommendation and engagement strategy one-page prospectus due.
- Week of February 27th: Judge feedback on prospectus will be circulated to each team.
- March 24th: Written deliverables due.
- April 7th: Recorded oral presentations due.
- April 21st: Judge scores will be due assessing each team’s written deliverables and oral presentation.
- Week of April 24th: Winning teams will be announced.