IEN's Student Corporate Engagement Challenge puts a new spin on the traditional approach to investment competitions by focusing on the responsibility of investors to directly engage company management on the risks and opportunities they see.
The Challenge invites students to not only produce an investment recommendation in a publicly-traded company, but also to include in their recommendation a shareholder engagement strategy for improving the company’s business performance and impact on society.
The Sign-Up Form for the 2023 Challenge is Open! The deadline to sign-up is December 23rd, 2022.
- Sign Up to Participate in the 2023 Corporate Engagement Challenge
- Read about the 2023 Challenge design, timeline, and education, mentorship, and networking opportunities for students here.
The winners of the 2022 Student Corporate Engagement Challenge were in the Graduate Category: Bard College, and in the Undergraduate Category: Virginia Wesleyan University!
- Read the Press Release announcing the winners here.
- Read the Press Release announcing the 2022 participating teams here.
- Read about the 2022 Challenge design, timeline, and education, mentorship, and networking opportunities for students here.
The winner of the 2021 Student Corporate Engagement Challenge was Arizona State University!
In 2020-2021, student teams from Arizona State University, Dartmouth College Tuck School of Business, University of California Haas School of Business, and University of Chicago participated in the Challenge.
- Read more about the 2020-2021 Challenge teams and their deliverables here.
- Learn about our 2020-2021 Challenge partners here.
- Read the blog announcing the winner here.
The winner of the 2020 Student Corporate Engagement Challenge was University of California Berkeley Haas School of Business!
In our pilot year (2019-2020), two participating teams directly engaged with company management and large shareholders to move engagement strategies forward, and in one case, this work resulted in the student's university endowment exploring how they can more actively engage with their holdings. Read more about the 2019-2020 Challenge here.
More Information & Other Ways to Engage
If you are interested in exploring other ways to engage in the Challenge, including as a judge, mentor, sponsor, educational partner, or future participant, fill out this form, or contact Nicole Torrico at [email protected].